Monday, January 5, 2009

Argo Receives an Award


On Sunday, I received a note in my email saying I had been bestowed an award from a fellow blogger, Desert Horses. Cheryl Ann has a lovely blog where she details her life in southern California, (okay, I'm just a bit jealous) with her horses, dogs and family. I love viewing all the warm temperature pictures and I love her brand of humor. Thank you; I am honored to receive this award. I promise to keep up with the pictures and posting. :0

The rules for this award state that I have to pass it on to other blogs I enjoy. Gosh there are so many to choose from that I read as often as I feasibly can. Let's see…



  1. From Hell to Heaven: Saving Argus ~ Katie's story of saving Argus from a life of neglect and torture is awe inspiring to me. Her way with words is just simply amazing. You feel like you are right there with her. I followed Argus story since almost the beginning of his rescue. I have cried, laughed and prayed more reading this blog than I have any other. Simply put, this blog is a must read. Currently, Argus is battling Pigeon Fever and needs all the well wishes and prayer that you can give him. He is extremely special.



  2. Adventures of a Horse Crazed Mind ~ If you want to laugh until you cry, this is definitely the place to do it. I adore her spin on everyday life. One of my favorite recent posts of hers was from over the holidays; Bom Chicka Wah Wah…, left me in stitches.




  3. The Junk Drawer: Humor for the Masses ~ This by far is one of the most hysterical reads on the internet. One could literally spend days reading Kathy's archives and be rolling in fits of laughter the whole time. Must read, is the post about getting her father hooked in to the information super highway, titled Adventures in Tech Support.



  4. Mugwump Chronicles ~ A fantastic read! Her blog is very insightful and causes me to pause at times with her words on the current horse industry. Her life stories keep you hanging on to every word. Her series, Me, Mort and Melinda Moline kept me wanting to read more. She is an amazing writer. Another favorite is when she writes about her experiences with the Big K.


  5. Beautiful Mustang ~ A blog about a gorgeous Mustang mare who was adopted by Linda around the same time I adopted Argo. She like me has entered into the arena of owning her first mustang, I am sure Beautiful will not be her last though. She has offered many an encouraging word to me. She is a wonderful woman with a wonderful horse.

Please check out these wonderful blogs!


The instructions for the award:
Place the logo on your blog. Add a link to the person who nominated you; nominate other blogs for the award;
add links to those blogs; leave a message for your nominees; and give a reason why their blogs are cool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this award! I'm flattered that you think so highly of my blog and that you liked my very first post about being the tech support for my Dad. He's still plugging away with is computer and I still get questions now and then. It's a hoot that he uses his PC every day for tons of cool things.

Thank you again for the award. I really appreciate the honor!

SkyBar Farm said...

Kathy ~ I adore your blog! Call me a stalker. Glad to hear your Dad is still plugging away.

Cheryl Ann said...

Hey, I can't wait to check out the blogs you nominated! What fun! And, this weekend it will be 70 degrees here in the desert! Wanna come visit? hehehehehehehehehehe!